Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HUE no longer show databases in Impala after moving catalog server

Contributor

My Impala catalog server decided to not restart (different problem) 

so I removed the service from one node and started in another in the same cluster

Now HUE does not show any databases and cannot execute any sql in Impala through HUE

I have tried restarted HUE through Cloudera manager and even changed the configuration to not have impala restart and bring back impala via hue and restart

I am able to run via command line in Impala-shell fine

So I guess my question is in Cloudera Manager - How do I tell HUE or the server HUE is on there is a new catalog server?

All I see is 

Impala Service
Hue (Service-Wide)
the choices of 
Impala or none
Not very configurable
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

Thanks.

The last time I saw this issue, it was due to something cached in the browser used to access Hue.  Can you try using another browser to see if the problem happens there?

If so, you might try logging out of Hue, clearing your cache, then logging into Hue to see if that helps.

Hope that helps!

Ben

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

What happens or what error occurs when you run "show databases" in the Hue Impala App?

Contributor

typing in the command show databases in HUE under the Impala GUI

yeilds the following error message

AnalysisException: Syntax error in line 1: USE `` ^ Encountered: EMPTY IDENTIFIER Expected: IDENTIFIER CAUSED BY: Exception: Syntax error

works in hive, works on Impala Command line

Master Guru

Thanks.

The last time I saw this issue, it was due to something cached in the browser used to access Hue.  Can you try using another browser to see if the problem happens there?

If so, you might try logging out of Hue, clearing your cache, then logging into Hue to see if that helps.

Hope that helps!

Ben