Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive client session opening problem with CDH configured to authenticate using Kerberos and Sentry

Explorer

I have configured my CDH to use Kerberos to authenticate, and use sentry to do table level authentication. Impala seem connecting fine using ODBC sample DSN. But when I was trying to connect to hive. I got following message in my hiveserver2 log. Does anyone know what's going on here? Not much I can google out.

2014-07-28 13:35:17,355 INFO org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.ThriftCLIService: ThriftBinaryCLIService listening on 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:10000
2014-07-28 13:35:32,556 INFO org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.ThriftCLIService: Client protocol version: HIVE_CLI_SERVICE_PROTOCOL_V1
2014-07-28 13:35:32,846 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hive.conf.HiveConf: DEPRECATED: Configuration property hive.metastore.local no longer has any effect. Make sure to provide a valid value for hive.metastore.uris if you are connecting to a remote metastore.
2014-07-28 13:35:33,288 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hive.conf.HiveConf: DEPRECATED: Configuration property hive.metastore.local no longer has any effect. Make sure to provide a valid value for hive.metastore.uris if you are connecting to a remote metastore.
2014-07-28 13:35:33,304 ERROR org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction: Internal error processing OpenSession
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: HIVE_SERVER2_AUTHZ_EXTERNAL_EXEC
at org.apache.sentry.binding.hive.HiveAuthzBindingSessionHook.<clinit>(HiveAuthzBindingSessionHook.java:35)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:270)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.hooks.HookUtils.getHooks(HookUtils.java:59)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.SessionManager.executeSessionHooks(SessionManager.java:210)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.SessionManager.openSession(SessionManager.java:133)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.CLIService.openSession(CLIService.java:118)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.ThriftCLIService.getSessionHandle(ThriftCLIService.java:263)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.ThriftCLIService.OpenSession(ThriftCLIService.java:207)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$OpenSession.getResult(TCLIService.java:1313)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$OpenSession.getResult(TCLIService.java:1298)
at org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction.process(ProcessFunction.java:39)
at org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor.process(TBaseProcessor.java:39)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.HadoopThriftAuthBridge20S$Server$TUGIAssumingProcessor.process(HadoopThriftAuthBridge20S.java:608)
at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:244)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

CDH5 includes sentry, so you should not have Sentry installed separately. You are probably getting problems because you are using CDH 4 sentry binaries with CDH5 configuration and code.

Deactivate Sentry and restart your cluster.

Thanks,

Darren

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Explorer
Here's version information:

CDH5.1.0-1.cdh5.1.0.p0.53

SENTRY1.1.0-1.cdh4.3.0.p0.8

Hi,

CDH5 includes sentry, so you should not have Sentry installed separately. You are probably getting problems because you are using CDH 4 sentry binaries with CDH5 configuration and code.

Deactivate Sentry and restart your cluster.

Thanks,

Darren

Explorer

It is working. Thanks a lot!