Explorer

Hive reports manifest security exception after upgrade to 5.7

Recently upgraded from 5.5 to 5.7. When I execute hive commands from the command line, I now get the following exception. The line it throws this on calls "Logger.getLogger("org.apache.hadoop.hbase");". Can anyone tell me why this is, and what I can do to make this go away?

log4j:WARN Caught Exception while in Loader.getResource. This may be innocuous.
java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes
	at sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.processImpl(SignatureFileVerifier.java:286)
	at sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.process(SignatureFileVerifier.java:239)

at org.apache.log4j.helpers.Loader.getResource(Loader.java:97)
	at org.apache.log4j.LogManager.<clinit>(LogManager.java:107)
	at org.apache.log4j.Logger.getLogger(Logger.java:104)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.MapreduceDependencyClasspathTool.main(MapreduceDependencyClasspathTool.java:66)
2016-04-25 16:04:10,850 WARN  [main] mapreduce.TableMapReduceUtil: The hbase-prefix-tree module jar containing PrefixTreeCodec is not present.  Continuing without it.

Explorer

Re: Hive reports manifest security exception after upgrade to 5.7

it looks like it can't find PrefixTreeCodec, which is clearly in <parcels>/CDH/jars/hbase-prefix-tree-1.2.0-cdh5.7.0.jar

Can someone tell me why this warning is showing up any time I call a hive query?

New Contributor

After an upgrade to CDH 5.7.0 we are experiencing the same behavior.

Did anyone have a fix/update for this issue?

Explorer

It looks like this fix didn't make it into 5.7.1:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-15152

http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/release-notes/topics/cdh_rn_fixed_in_57.html

Note that, as a work-around, you can manually add the prefix-tree jars to your classpath.

Explorer

Hi. 

I'm fairly new to how hive works, how does one actually add the jar to the hive classpath in Cloudera Manager?

Highlighted
Explorer

I haven't found a way to do that, but you could drop the jar into a directory specified in Hive Auxiliary JARs Directory in the configuration.
Announcements