Highlighted
New Contributor

How to check who are curently logged in hue editor browser based running impala or hive queries

Is it possible from cloudera manager to check the users currently logged into hue editor. any currently active sessions / open sessions.

I logged in as admin to cloudera manager, but don't see any optiosn there to check who currently logged in.

Thanks a lot for the helpful info.

Topics: 14
Kudos: 92
Solutions: 45

Re: How to check who are curently logged in hue editor browser based running impala or hive queries

@RajReddy1

To manage Hue user, you have to login as admin in Hue instead of Cloudera

Hue -> Admin -> Manage Users -> Last Login (It will show the recent login date & time of each user)

New Contributor

Re: How to check who are curently logged in hue editor browser based running impala or hive queries

Hi Kumar,

Thanks a lot for the info, i do see last login time, but is there a way whether the users are still active or logged off. I am not seeing any sign off info.

regards.

Topics: 14
Kudos: 92
Solutions: 45

@RajReddy1

You can get the active users count from the below chart. So you can combine the "Hue -> Admin -> Manage User -> Last Login" and below but not sure how to get the active user name

Cloudera Manager -> Hue -> Active Users (Chart in the right side)

If you want to customize further (Try this in Dev and do not change anything directly in prod)

Cloudera Manager -> Charts (menu on top) -> Chart Builder -> select hue_users_active (copy past this in query window)-> Click on Build Chart

Then Type "select hue" in query window, it will show all the possible options. Select the required option and click on build chart

hope this will help you!!

Thanks

Kumar