Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to monitor/audit sqoop jobs

Contributor

Hello - 

I am trying to identify when a user runs a sqoop job at the command line.  I was told I could use the YARN application monitor/page, but that still doesn't seem to show the sqoop jobs.  

Does anyone know a way i could monitor or audit whether users are running sqoop jobs?

thanks...d

3 REPLIES 3

Champion

@dwill

The job might already been completed, so you have to check that under Finished link

As an alternate, When you run the job in command line it will show the URL to track the job as follows

INFO mapreduce.Job: The url to track the job: http://ipaddress:8088/proxy/application_1489467591893_1234/

Contributor

Hi...

thanks for the reply and info.

Is there any way for me to find job history...for jobs that have already finished...like from the previous week?  I was wondering if the one of the log files (not sure which one) might capture that info. 

I won't have the ability to know when the user's run the job...so i won't be able to get the URL from the command line.

thanks

Champion

@dwill

Pls go to the YARN application monitor/page that you have mentioned above, there will be a link called 'Finished' in the left side