Explorer

How to use Parcels for installations using Cloudera Manager

Hi,

I get the below message when I select the installation method as Parcels using Cloudera Standard. It doesn't go even if I add http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh4/parcels/latest under More Options. Am I missing anything? However I could move on with Packages but would prefer Parcels as Cloudera recommends Parcels. Please suggest.

Note: No parcels found from the configured repositories. Try adding a Custom Repository under More Options. Otherwise, you may only proceed with Use Packages

Thanks

Ravi

Explorer

Re: How to use Parcels for installations using Cloudera Manager

Am I supposed to download the parcels before hand? or my cloudera managed server should be able to identify the available parcels? Could it be an issue with my server not being able to connect to Cloudera? The installation using packages is failing to install the 'repo's.

Thanks
Ravi
Explorer

Re: How to use Parcels for installations using Cloudera Manager

I could get through with this. I had to set the proxy server and port on Administration -> Settings -> Parcels page. It downloaded CDH, Impala and Search Parcels and showed up on the page of corresponding installation step.

But I still could not install because the Parcels did not have the Cloudera Manager Agent software which it is trying to get through the .repo file. It is failing due to firewall issue and I am not knowing where else to set the proxy so it can know.

Thanks

Ravi