04-29-2019 02:49 AM - last edited on 04-29-2019 05:40 AM by cjervis
Hue offers the abitlity to compress files in HDFS as follows:
1. Select one or more HDFS files in the Hue File Browser.
2. On the Actions menu select the Compress option.
Is there any documention about how to configure the cluster to support this?
So far it appears the following is required:
1. oozie user must have exexute permission on the HDFS directory tree
2. 'zip' shell command must be available on all HDFS data nodes?
3. Sufficient space in local (not HDFS) /tmp on all data nodes to hold the resulting compressed file.
Using local /tmp renders this feature unsable for large HDFS files. Can the local temp directory for this be changed?