Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Installation stalling at JDk install - SLES 11

New Contributor

Morning - I have installed the base software and am now using CDH to complete the next stage.  I am using the recommended installation approach (I have also tried installing via packages) and keep coming up against the same problem - the installation stalls at the JDK stage.  I have followed the manuals and removed the default IBM Java package and clean installed the latest 7u45 package from Oracle.  Still no progress.  Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Damon

Her's the output from the installation process:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Solved - the ox-backend/ ox-frontend packages were the problem as the package manager was rejecting the repositories.  The ox packages were implemented for a non-related implementation.  So I removed the packages and the installation worked.  Also removed the default jre/jdk implemented with Suse and installed the Oracle 7u45 versions.

Damon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

Solved - the ox-backend/ ox-frontend packages were the problem as the package manager was rejecting the repositories.  The ox packages were implemented for a non-related implementation.  So I removed the packages and the installation worked.  Also removed the default jre/jdk implemented with Suse and installed the Oracle 7u45 versions.

Damon