Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Installation stuck on distributing with Auto-TLS

Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to install CDH with cloudera manger 6.2 on 2 goodgle cloud VM instances

when creating the cluster it downloaded  CDH 6.2.0-1.cdh6.2.0.p0.967373 sucessfully

but then it is not doing any distrubution and just hang there

firewall is disable , SELinux is disabled

i can login with ssh and copy with scp between both VMs normal 

when checking the agent log

File "/opt/cloudera/cm-agent/lib/python2.7/site-packages/M2Crypto/SSL/Checker.py", line 125, in __call__
fieldName='subjectAltName')
WrongHost: Peer certificate subjectAltName does not match host, expected mugzy.c.essential-rider-208218.internal, got DNS:mugzy

and here is hostname:

[root@mugzy ~]# python -c "import socket; hostname = socket.gethostname(); print hostname;"
mugzy
[root@mugzy ~]#

Appreciate your insight

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

I fixed the issue by making both hostname & hostname -f returning the same value.

then uninstalled cloudera manger & agents 

then rerun the certmanager

/opt/cloudera/cm-agent/bin/certmanager --location /opt/cloudera/CMCA setup --configure-services

All went fine afterwards

thanks for all help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Make sure that the command above returns not just the name of the server, but the fully qualified domain name, so in your case "mugzy.c.essential-rider-208218.internal".

You can do it by editing the /etc/hosts file. Or check the GCP documentation regarding the FQDN for VMs for your specific Linux OS.

Contributor

I fixed the issue by making both hostname & hostname -f returning the same value.

then uninstalled cloudera manger & agents 

then rerun the certmanager

/opt/cloudera/cm-agent/bin/certmanager --location /opt/cloudera/CMCA setup --configure-services

All went fine afterwards

thanks for all help

Explorer
Could you supply what your /var/log/cloudera-scm-agent/certmanager.log looked like after the successful installation? For comparative purposes?