Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is it possible to use old data after changing Host Monitor Storage Directory? I can't do it.

Explorer

Hi, 

I've changed the Host Monitor Storage Directory (firehose.storage.base.directory) from /var/lib/cloudera-host-monitor to somewhere else in order to make some tests. After that, I turned back to the old place, having never deleted the data from before those directory changes. 

Nevertheless, after this directory changes, the data collected before is not used to plot the charts. I can only see on charts data collected after al those changes, despite having much more information in the directory. 

Is there anything I could do for the old data to be seen on charts? My current CDH and CDM version is 5.15

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Sure! The data of the two timeseries databases would have to be merged. Technically this is possible but there is no code in Cloudera Manager to do it, as this is not an intended use case.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Explorer

Adding more information:

It seems that my issue has been caused by not stopping Host Monitor and Service Monitor roles BEFORE moving data between folders. I've just done it when it was needed due to the reconfiguration of firehose.storage.base.directory (the moment that cloudera manager demands a restart of these roles). 

That being said, I slightly change my query here: is it possible to merge information from 2 different firehose.storage.base.directory folders? When I try to do that, the charts show only the information related to the most recent folder. 

Super Collaborator

Hi raphaelt,

not it's not possible to merge the two directories. You need to make a decision with which folder to proceed, thus where to have gaps in the charts in CM.

Explorer

Hi, @gzigldrum , thaks for your message, i'll do that.

Would you be able to explay why it's not possible to be done? 

Super Collaborator

Sure! The data of the two timeseries databases would have to be merged. Technically this is possible but there is no code in Cloudera Manager to do it, as this is not an intended use case.

Explorer

Thanks, @gzigldrum , for the explanation!