Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Location of Nifi Registry's provider.xml on Cloudera Manager

Hello everyone,

Does anybody know where I can configure a new flow persistence provider for Nifi Registry using Cloudera Manager? I tried the escape valve for staging/providers.xml, but I get a validation error if I enter the required value to integrate NiFi Registry with Git:

<flowPersistenceProvider>

<class>org.apache.nifi.registry.provider.flow.git.GitFlowPersistenceProvider</class>

<property name="Flow Storage Directory">{{nifi_registry_internal_dir}}/git/perso-recognition-nifi-flows</property>

<property name="Remote To Push">origin</property>

<property name="Remote Access User">paulvid</property>

<property name="Remote Access Password">[your_key]</property>

</flowPersistenceProvider>

I'm following this guide to configure Nifi Registry with Git: https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/222365/how-to-configure-git-for-nifi-registry-in-hdf-32.h... , but the xml configuration differs from Ambari to Cloudera Manager.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

I was able to make CM generate the correct providers.xml by using the properties below:

nifi_service.PNG

Which results on the following providers.xml:

[root@nifi1 399-nifiregistry-NIFI_REGISTRY_SERVER]# cat providers.xml

<providers>

<class>org.apache.nifi.registry.provider.flow.FileSystemFlowPersistenceProvider</class>
    <property name="Flow Storage Directory">/var/lib/nifiregistry/flow_storage</property>

<class>org.apache.nifi.registry.provider.flow.git.GitFlowPersistenceProvider</class>
    <property name="Remote Access User">yyy</property>
    <property name="Flow Storage Directory">/var/lib/nifi-registry/git/nifi_registry_demo</property>
    <property name="Remote Access Password">xxx</property>
    <property name="Remote to Push">origin</property>

But now I'm getting this error starting the Nifi service:

Caused by: org.apache.nifi.registry.provider.ProviderFactoryException: Unable to load the providers configuration file at: /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/398-nifiregistry-NIFI_REGISTRY_SERVER/providers.xml
	at org.apache.nifi.registry.provider.StandardProviderFactory.initialize(StandardProviderFactory.java:112) ~[na:na]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_192]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[na:1.8.0_192]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.8.0_192]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[na:1.8.0_192]
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$LifecycleElement.invoke(InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:366) ~[na:na]
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$LifecycleMetadata.invokeInitMethods(InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:309) ~[na:na]
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization(InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:136) ~[na:na]
	... 78 common frames omitted
Caused by: javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException: null
	at javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.createUnmarshalException(AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.java:335) ~[na:1.8.0_192]
	at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.createUnmarshalException(UnmarshallerImpl.java:563) ~[na:1.8.0_192]
	at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(UnmarshallerImpl.java:249) ~[na:1.8.0_192]
	at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(UnmarshallerImpl.java:221) ~[na:1.8.0_192]
	at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(UnmarshallerImpl.java:276) ~[na:1.8.0_192]
	at org.apache.nifi.registry.provider.StandardProviderFactory.initialize(StandardProviderFactory.java:109) ~[na:na]
	... 85 common frames omitted
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'flowPersistenceProvider'. One of '{eventHookProvider}' is expected.

Expert Contributor

Hi - It looks like this error is being caused by having two persistence providers in the providers.xml. You may need to add the file-based provider properties (providers.flowPersistenceProvider.file-provider.property.Flow Storage Directory and xml.providers.flowPersistenceProvider.file-provider.class) to the nifi.registry.providers.ignored list so that they are not added to the xml file when CM generates it.

Here is an article detailing the process:

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Community-Articles/Configuring-the-Git-Persistence-Provider-for-th...