Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Memory Overcommit warning only for one host

Hello,

We keep getting an overcommit warning for only one of our host. I understand we have a config issue but usually the warning applies on all concerned hosts.

2017-03-07_14h30_25.png

we have exactly the same role configuration for 3 other hosts but no warning for them.

2017-03-07_14h32_50.png

Any suggestions ?

Many thanks,

Regards,

Guillaume

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Champion

@guillaume_vande

You can not go by the only roles, in addition to that you need to check the memory consumed by each role by each node. Because it may not be balanced all ways...

To check that, as mentioned in the warning message, you have to go to

CM -> Hosts -> Node01 (or suitable) -> Resources -> Memory -> Get all the memory consumed by each node -> Manually SUM 
CM -> Hosts -> Node02 (or suitable) -> Resources -> Memory -> Get all the memory consumed by each node -> Manually SUM

Thanks

Kumar

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Champion

@guillaume_vande

You can not go by the only roles, in addition to that you need to check the memory consumed by each role by each node. Because it may not be balanced all ways...

To check that, as mentioned in the warning message, you have to go to

CM -> Hosts -> Node01 (or suitable) -> Resources -> Memory -> Get all the memory consumed by each node -> Manually SUM 
CM -> Hosts -> Node02 (or suitable) -> Resources -> Memory -> Get all the memory consumed by each node -> Manually SUM

Thanks

Kumar

Hello Saranvisa,

Thanks for your reply.

I guess it was not balanced untill now, since I've downsized yarn container memory to fit the host memory, all hosts have the exactly the same memory usage.

2017-03-07_16h30_16.png2017-03-07_16h30_23.png

Regards,