Expert Contributor

Memory usage in cloudera manager shows only the amount of memory used by hadoop process ?

Cloudera manager shows only the amount of memory used by hadoop process or the total server memory used ?

Because I found a difference when I saw the memory usage showing up in cloudera manager is different from the memory usage showing up in linux machine....

Was that how it is setted up in cloudera manager ?

Em Jay
Cloudera Employee

Re: Memory usage in cloudera manager shows only the amount of memory used by hadoop process ?

You are correct, it is only reflecting the memory usage of hadoop components within the cluster.  It does not monitor the CM web server memory utilizaiton specifically.

You can install a cloudera-scm-agent on the CM server (if its running by itself off the cluster) and examine total host memory used as well as host specific statistics.

Todd

Expert Contributor

Re: Memory usage in cloudera manager shows only the amount of memory used by hadoop process ?

Even though cloudera-scm-agent installed on the host, it doesn't show all the memory used by the processes in the system....

Em Jay
Cloudera Employee

Hi Manikumar,

Which metric are you looking at?

If you click on the Hosts tab, and look at the Host Memory Usage chart, does that look right to you?

Thanks,

Darren

Highlighted
Expert Contributor

Hi dlo,

I am looking the same as you said (click on the Hosts tab, and look at the Host Memory Usage chart). That doesn't look right for me....

For example:

On CM Hosts tab, look for host memory it says 45G used

When I log into the physical machine and see the used memory there it is 48G

Then I did some calculations there.....I calculated only the hadoop processes it came to 45G excluding other processes.

After adding the other processes to hadoop processess it came to 48G used...

So, CM only shows the memory used by hadoop processes it doesn't care about the system processes ?

Thanks

Em Jay
Announcements