Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

New Install: Hosts show "Currently Managed"

Contributor

Hi, After installing CDH5 with CM, I log in for the first time to configure the cluster.  I got to the "role assignment" screen but had to leave my computer and the session timed out.  Now when I log back in, the config cluster wizard starts over.  On the screen where I "specifiy hosts", they all come back as " Currently Managed" and I can't get past that screen.  The "Continue" button is grayed out.  How do I get them back to a "Not Managed" state?  Thanks

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you click on the Cloudera Manager logo, do you see a cluster there?

If so, then I'm guessing that the wizard created the cluster and assigned all hosts to it, but didn't yet configure the services.

The easiest thing to do here is delete the cluster, then run the wizard again by clicking Add Cluster.

The scenario I described would happen if the wizard failed slightly earlier, after configuring CM agents but before creating the cluster.

Thanks,
Darren

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Mike,

You don't need to get them to a not-managed state. Instead, click the check box next to the hosts you want to use (or click the check box on the top to select all). Then the wizard will let you continue and configure those hosts with HDFS, YARN, etc.

Thanks,

Darren

Contributor

Hi Darren, the check boxes are gray as well.  See video here: http://screencast.com/t/tXDvj9WI

If you click on the Cloudera Manager logo, do you see a cluster there?

If so, then I'm guessing that the wizard created the cluster and assigned all hosts to it, but didn't yet configure the services.

The easiest thing to do here is delete the cluster, then run the wizard again by clicking Add Cluster.

The scenario I described would happen if the wizard failed slightly earlier, after configuring CM agents but before creating the cluster.

Thanks,
Darren

Contributor

Thanks, that worked.

Expert Contributor

It doesn't work with me, everytime

In my case i uninstalled previous cdh, now when i try to create new cluster my old master node everytime exist as currently managed.

helpppp

Expert Contributor

This doesn't work with me, i uninstalled previous version of cdh and now when i re-installed everytime my previous master node is presented as currently managed??

help