New Contributor

Not able to proceed with the login in Cloudera manager. The continue button is not being active.

I have installed Cloudera manager in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS inside VMWare workstation 10. I am a beginner in hadoop and new to cloudera. After the installation of cloudera manager, the webpage was redirected to the admin login page. I was able to login as well. But after that, I am not able to proceed from this page. 

error login.jpg

The Cloudera service is running.

error login status.jpg

Not able to navigate to the 2nd page as well.

Any help will be appreciated. 

Kudos: 129
Solutions: 62

Re: Not able to proceed with the login in Cloudera manager. The continue button is not being active.

I haven't been through this particular process myself but due to past experiences with terms of use pages I have to ask. Did you scroll to the bottom of the terms? Sometimes buttons do not activate on such pages unless the page determines you have actually looked at the content. Its worth a shot. :)

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Cloudera Employee

Re: Not able to proceed with the login in Cloudera manager. The continue button is not being active.

Cy, you are correct.  When the license is accepted the "Continue" button should come in focus.

New Contributor

Yes, I did scroll till the end. Still the same. The continue button is not getting active. 

Cloudera Employee

Did you clck on the Yes, to accept the license?

I am having a hard time uploading a screenshot

New Contributor

No, I have not accepted the license. There is no YES or NO button shown in my window (please refer my above screenshort). My ubuntu is installed in VMWare workstation 10. So, the ubuntu desktop will not be in full screen mode. I guess that might be the reason. The YES or NO buttons will be behind that panel in which the CONTINUE button is placed. I am not able to access that. 

Cloudera Employee

That is exactly what the problem is.

It has been a while since I used the VMware Workstation.   Can you shrink the font in that browser?  Just enough to click on the check box.

Or can you paste the URL  http://HOSTNAME.DOMAIN.COM:7180  into another browser outside of that VMware Workstation window?    Not sure if your different domains can talk to eachother, may need to use the IP ADDRESS.

These are the only 2 things I can think of right now, maybe someone else has some ideas.

Topics: 1
Kudos: 285
Solutions: 134

Hello,

You mentioned that we should refer to the screen shot to see that there is no checkbox but the 2 scroll bars are shown to be at the top of their respective windows.  I would imagine if you scoll both down to the bottom you will see the checkbox to accept.

That said, the resolution you have in that window will make using Cloudera Manager a less than pleasant experience, I am guessing. vmware should allow you to resize the window or do full screen... at least I thought so.  If not, you might try virtualbox which does let you resize

Regards,

Ben

New Contributor

Hi truonala, resizing didn't help me. Pasting the URL in another browser outside VMWare also didn't work. Thanks for your reply 

New Contributor

Hi bgooley, I have tried scrolling both the scroll bars till the bottom. But as I have mentioned before the panel which contains the continue button was still at the bottom of the screen as shown in that screenshot. As you said I will try installing in Virtualbox. Thanks for your reply.