Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Parcels not enabled on CDH 5.2 installation

New Contributor

Hi Guys!

Hope everything its going well. I configured everything properly for set up my cluster, ssh keys, permissions and so on..

I downloaded the cloudera manager installer bin 5.2 and followed this instructions

$ wget http://archive.cloudera.com/cm5/installer/latest/cloudera-manager-installer.bin

$ chmod u+x cloudera-manager-installer.bin

$ sudo ./cloudera-manager-installer.bin

Everything its going fine until i want to install it via parcels. The option is not enabled. There is a message that says that "parcels is not founded on the configured repositories ..."

Why this is happening?. The weird thing is that if i install on a standalone machine (Virtual Machine) the option for parcels its enabled. I also updated yum.conf for access via proxy (i am behind a proxy)but doesnt work.

I Also tried with Creating and Using a Parcel Repository but the documentation its not enough clear.  I also setted up my local environment with my apache server and put the parcel and everything necessary .... downloaded the parcel but dont work here i have a few quetions

Do i have to download all parcels (http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh5/parcels/latest)  of this or just one from the list. I am on Centos 6.5. I dont understand the other parcels can you give to me more guideance or links?

I also changed my repo file to point to the webserver but probably i am missing something....

Can you help to me i am stucked since 1 week ago.

Regards
Isra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor
Hi Isra,
You only need the el6 parcel on your CM server box. Cloudera Manager will
however download the parcels for you so I am not sure what's happening. May
be you will find something in the scm server logs under /var/log/?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Expert Contributor
Hi Isra,
You only need the el6 parcel on your CM server box. Cloudera Manager will
however download the parcels for you so I am not sure what's happening. May
be you will find something in the scm server logs under /var/log/?