Highlighted
Explorer

Path B Installation of Cloudera Manager Issue with Data Directory Folder Creation

Hi,

Whenever I try to install the cloudera using PATH - B, I always face an issue that the cloudera manager cluster setup does not create any of the directories like Namenode Data Directories, Nodemanager Local Directories, Datanode Data Directories, Hive warehouse directory etc. and due to which the setup fails.

As a workaround, I need to create these directories manually on cluster with specified directory user and then, when I run the setup it works fine.

Can anybody please suggest what could be the reason that the cloudera manager cluster setup is not creating these directories automatically.

Thanks,

Amit

Kudos: 119
Solutions: 62

Re: Path B Installation of Cloudera Manager Issue with Data Directory Folder Creation

While I don't have an answer to your direct question (I'm not an expert) I can point you to this community article including videos on installation path B. Perhaps the answer is in the video walk through. 

Best of luck,

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Announcements