Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Segmentation fault when trying to install

New Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to install cloudera manager, but when I try to launch the .bin I get the message 'Segmentation fault (core dump)' and nothing happens.

This is on a clean install of ubunt 12.04 (x64), using the cloudera-manager-installer.bin downloaded from here.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? I did this a few months ago on different hardware, and it worked fine, so I'm a bit stumped.

Cheers

J.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

OK, so it seems I was an idiot.

I moved the .bin file from another box using FTP (can you guess yet?)

Forgot to change the transfer type to binary....

Doh.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Guru

Can you give us the detailed information on your Linux OS with:

uname -a

And also, what version of Cloudera Manager's installer are you using?

New Contributor

OK, so it seems I was an idiot.

I moved the .bin file from another box using FTP (can you guess yet?)

Forgot to change the transfer type to binary....

Doh.

Guru

lol, been there, done that.  Thanks for the follow-up!

New Contributor

JN,

I am having the same issue. The initial install worked, but I had some issue with RHEL 7.2. So I am doing a clean install.

Error message during initial installation: sh: line 1: 5514 Segmentation fault (core dumped) DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive yum -y install oracle-j2sdk1.7 > /var/log/cloudera-manager-installer/2.install-oracle-j2sdk1.7.log 2>&1

I saw your solution, but I did not transfer from one server to another. I went back on-line and registered and downloaded the .bin file again (same server, same ios file for RHEL install 7.2).

Crenny288

New Contributor

SOLVED

I have figured it out. While I was re-installing on my lab Red Hat Linux server 7.2 via:
2. $chmod w+x cloudera-manager-installer.bin
3. $sudo ./cloudera-manager-installer.bin

I was logged into Google via Firefox and a window popped up asking for a keyring password. So I used my Google password again to add the password to the keyring password section. I performed this task (which I did not the first time and everything was working on my initial dowload before I blew everything away and re-installed everything) on the second installation. When I got to the Oracle Code License agreement and selected yes. And the installation continued that is when I got the error:

sh: line 1: 5514 Segmentation fault (core dumped) DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive yum -y install oracle-j2sdk1.7 > /var/log/cloudera-manager-installer/2.install-oracle-j2sdk1.7.log 2>&1

The solution: I deleted my Google account and closed out of Google mail on Firefox web browser and restarted the installation by followng the directions via the Cloudera website above and the installation started with no errors.