Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Solr Instance Fails to Start on CDH 5.6.x

Contributor

I have Solr instance which is installed on a Master/Name Node which runs fine.  I subsequently installed another Solr instance on a Slave/Data Node.  It starts fine but then minuted later fails with:

Solr Server API Liveness
The Cloudera Manager Agent is not able to communicate with this Solr Server over the HTTP API.

Web Server Status
The Cloudera Manager Agent is not able to communicate with this role's web server.

I found the following in the cloudera-scm-agent.log file:

HTTPError: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized
[07/Apr/2016 21:59:20 +0000] 1515 Monitor-SolrServerMonitor urllib2_kerberos CRITICAL GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information/Server krbtgt/DOMAIN.COM@HADOOPSS.DOMAIN.COM not found in Kerberos database
[07/Apr/2016 21:59:20 +0000] 1515 Monitor-SolrServerMonitor url_util ERROR Autentication error on attempt 2. Retrying after sleeping 1.000000 seconds.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

I have fixed this by deleting the original principals from the MIT KDC and Generate Missing Credentials from the Administration->Security->Kerberos Credentials page.  Add new Solr Instances as required and this will create a new Principal and Keytab as needed.

When the instances were created as part of original Cluster build the principals were invalid.  They may been left from a previous build or created in invalid state.  Deleting them from the KDC seems to fix this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Contributor

I have fixed this by deleting the original principals from the MIT KDC and Generate Missing Credentials from the Administration->Security->Kerberos Credentials page.  Add new Solr Instances as required and this will create a new Principal and Keytab as needed.

When the instances were created as part of original Cluster build the principals were invalid.  They may been left from a previous build or created in invalid state.  Deleting them from the KDC seems to fix this.

Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your solution @shaileshCG, hopefully it will be of assistance to others in the future. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Hi team,

I,m facing same issue,

How to delete the original principals from the MIT KDC

Community Manager

@PDDF_VIGNESH As this is an older post, you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also be an opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in assisting you with a more accurate answer to your question. You can link this thread as a reference in your new post. Thanks!

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: