Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to connect to database on host 'clouderam' from host 'clouderam' using the credential provid

Explorer

Hello,

I have configured external database as mysql but I get an error while I try to test the connection which error message as in below;

Unable to connect to database on host 'clouderam' from host 'clouderam' using the credential provid

Can anyone help me on this?

Thank,

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Hi, 

I have found the solution. I have used original mysql database for cloudera that is why I had errors. I created anoher database on mysql the I have define the database on db.properties file.

Thank you for your helps.

Regards,

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Super Collaborator

This is a MySQL issue.

Have you checked that mysql is running and you are able to connect?

Explorer

Ye it was running.

Super Collaborator

Have you tried using "-h clouderam" in your command?

Permissions (in MySQL) differ whether you are connected as 'user'@'localhost' or 'user'@'clouderam'

By using "-h clouderam" you are connected as 'user'@'clouderam' and you should grant permissions to this user.

Champion

is you jdbc jars are in right place ? 

Master Guru

@Huriye,

The error message is more of a generic error that is returned if something about the connection to the database fails.  You might try checking the Cloudera Manager log for more information and hopefully a stack trace or SQL error.

Explorer

Hi, 

I have found the solution. I have used original mysql database for cloudera that is why I had errors. I created anoher database on mysql the I have define the database on db.properties file.

Thank you for your helps.

Regards,

New Contributor
@Huriye:

What does that mean ?

Please can you explain....