Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to issue query: could not connect to the Host Monitor

Explorer

Hello, I installed the cloudera manager,then I install HDFS through cloudera manager. Wnen I want to see the cluster cpu, disk IO, Network IO status,  the problem occur. 

How can I solve this problem,thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Does your Management Service exist? Does the Host Monitor Role in the Management Service exist? Is it started? Is there an error in the Host Monitor logs?

Normally the initial wizard in CM will guide you through setting up the Management service. Did you skip this wizard?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Explorer

QQ截图20140514171123.jpg

Does your Management Service exist? Does the Host Monitor Role in the Management Service exist? Is it started? Is there an error in the Host Monitor logs?

Normally the initial wizard in CM will guide you through setting up the Management service. Did you skip this wizard?

Explorer
Thank you! yes, I do not install Management service, thank you

New Contributor

How did you install the missing service / component  ?  I am facing the same issue. 

Thanks ,

Mukul

Explorer
I do not install the Management service, after install it, I solved my problem. hope to help you

Explorer

Hi 

Can someone suggest how do we install the management service using CDM.

Thanks

From the home page, there should be a button in the upper right of your screen to add the management service. It only appears if no management service exists.

Explorer

Thank You,

I have added the Management service but it still see the error in charts:

"Unable to issue query: the Host Monitor is not running"

I even restarted the cluseter and all the services but still its not running.

Thanks

If you click on the Host Monitor and look at the role logs, stderr logs, and stdout logs, do they say why it failed to start?