Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to issue query: could not connect to the Host Monitor

Explorer

Hello, I installed the cloudera manager,then I install HDFS through cloudera manager. Wnen I want to see the cluster cpu, disk IO, Network IO status,  the problem occur. 

How can I solve this problem,thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Does your Management Service exist? Does the Host Monitor Role in the Management Service exist? Is it started? Is there an error in the Host Monitor logs?

Normally the initial wizard in CM will guide you through setting up the Management service. Did you skip this wizard?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Explorer

Thank You So much..it worked now

Explorer

Hi

As you Mentioned I have skipped the wizard because I lost the connection in between.

Can you please tell me how can i install it.

Thanks

Explorer

I too ran into this issue. I manually started the Host Monitor which allowed that service to start, however I was still plagued with the error message "Cannot have empty version string segment" each time I'd login to the dashboard. Will attempt to do a uninstall and reinstall to see if it clears it up.

UPDATE

A uninstall/re-install seems to have cleared things up. 

New Contributor

I tried to Start Host monitor service it is not working.Also I tried to Restart Host monitor service.Also I am getting error for below command I am getting below error.
Connection aborted because of exception :Command Time Out after 150 seconds and Role is starting in red line.

I look at the role logs, stderr logs, and stdout logs -
Error when communicating with server
NullPointer Exception

Query error for following

Cluster CPU
Cluster Network I/O
Cluster Disk I/O