New Contributor

Unable to see Kudu service after installing CDH 5.13.x

[ Edited ]

I recently installed Clouder 5.13.x via the Cloudera manager as a multiple node setup. While I went through the installation completeley and it started the services, in the main dashboard I could only see services like Spark , HDFS , Zookeeper , Hive etc. I could not see Kudu anywhere.  

According to the documentation Kudu is already available in the CDH Parcels (Confirmed from the file system and those libraries are available). How can I then start/activate the kudu service. 

From the command line i confirmed that kudu master and tablet server are not running.  

Any help would be appreciated.  

Topics: 1
Kudos: 257
Solutions: 128

Re: Unable to see Kudu service after installing CDH 5.13.x

@sriramc,

Sorry you having some trouble using Kudu in Cloudera Manager.  If you do not see the Service listed in Cloudera Manager's Home page, the most  likely issue is that it was not added as a service to CM.

Please try Clicking the drop-down beside your cluster Name (in the Home page) and select Add Service.

Choose Kudu and follow the wizard to add the service.

After adding the Service,  you should see it in your Cloudera Manager home page.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Unable to see Kudu service after installing CDH 5.13.x

I tried this   "Clinking and going through Add  Service" -- I chose Kudu 1.4.x as only that option was there and then when i did ok 

I got an error saying multiple parcels have kudu  (CDH and Kudu) --  since 5.13 also has kudu. So i could not proceed beyond this and now trying out manual installation without going through manager.

Have others been successful. if so please let me know where i went wrong. 

Announcements