Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to verify database connection

New Contributor

trying to install for the 1st time, cloudera-manager-installer.bin runs without issue

i go to the web interface & get through several pages taking all the defaults, & then reach database-setup where i'm stuck

the activity/service/host monitors are all checked & a random 1 always works, but the other 2 complain with:

"Unexpected error. Unable to verify database connection

if i back up a page a change my role assignments to move the major functions to a different server than the 1 i'm instlaling from i can get 2 of the montiors to work with only 1 failure, again a the failure is from a random monitor

i've uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times trying various perturbations prior to the database-setup

my hostname is the FQDN & /etc/hosts is in the formant of:  IP FQDM HOSTNAME

/etc/cloudera-scm-server/db.mgmt.properties uses FQDM for the 3 monitors

my OS is rhel6.4 with all latest updates

lsof shows postgres listening to port 7432 on all interfaces

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

resolved by changing the default of placing all 3 monitors on the install server to placing them on 3 separate servers in the cluster other than the install server

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

New Contributor

Untitled.png

New Contributor

resolved by changing the default of placing all 3 monitors on the install server to placing them on 3 separate servers in the cluster other than the install server

New Contributor

I'm facing these exact problem, however placing the servers in diferent nodes didn't solve the problem.

I can spot on the cloudera-scm-agent.log the following error:

[26/Jan/2017 19:29:53 +0000] 6579 MainThread agent ERROR Failed to activate {u'refresh_files': [], u'config_generation': 0, u'auto_restart': False, u'running': True, u'required_tags': [], u'one_off': True, u'special_file_info': [], u'group': u'root', u'id': 31, u'status_links': {}, u'name': u'MGMT.REPORTSMANAGER-test-db-connection', u'extra_groups': [], u'run_generation': 1, u'start_timeout_seconds': None, u'environment': {}, u'optional_tags': [], u'program': u'dbconnection/test_db_connection.sh', u'arguments': [u'db.properties'], u'parcels': {}, u'resources': [], u'user': u'root'}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cmf-5.9.1-py2.6.egg/cmf/agent.py", line 1682, in handle_heartbeat_processes
new_process.update_heartbeat(raw, True)
File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cmf-5.9.1-py2.6.egg/cmf/process.py", line 282, in update_heartbeat
self.fs_update()
File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cmf-5.9.1-py2.6.egg/cmf/process.py", line 383, in fs_update
raise Exception("Non-root agent cannot execute process as user '%s'" % user)
Exception: Non-root agent cannot execute process as user 'root'

Any change that someone knows how to solve it?

Contributor

same issue facing any solution found