Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

What license does the express edition fall under?

Rising Star

We are running the express edition of CDH / Cloudera Manager.  Does this fall under a specific opensource license?  If so, which?  Apache.org?  We also have the same question for Director.

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Champion
I would put it as Cloudera and free , unlimited license as license type
for cloudera express edition. Based on the cloudera Kb.

View solution in original post

Cloudera Employee

Cloudera Manager and Cloudera Director are properties of Cloudera and does not fall under Apache License. You can check the for CM

CM > Support > About 

Copyright © 2011-2018 Cloudera, Inc. All rights reserved.
Hadoop and the Hadoop elephant logo are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.

For Director 

Director > Help ? (icon) > About 

Copyright © 2014-2018 Cloudera, Inc. All rights reserved.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Champion

I believe the below link will give you an idea of what you can get out from express and enterprise edition . 

Apart from the below link i think you wont be able to perform rollback of the configuration changes , cloudera navigator , disk management ,rolling upgrade etc . 

Let me know if this suffice . 

http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/manager/5-1-x/Cloudera-Manager-Installation-Guide/cm5ig_featur...

Rising Star
Thank you for the reply.

I’m familiar with the feature differences. My question pertains specifically to licensing. We are using the express edition of Cloudera Manager, along with Cloudera Director. For compliance purposes we need to list all 3rd party software used within our infrastructure along with license type. For example, most of the Hadoop products fall under the Apache 2 licensing. Does Cloudera Director or Cloudera Manager express edition fall under any specific licensing type?

Champion
I would put it as Cloudera and free , unlimited license as license type
for cloudera express edition. Based on the cloudera Kb.

Cloudera Employee

Cloudera Manager and Cloudera Director are properties of Cloudera and does not fall under Apache License. You can check the for CM

CM > Support > About 

Copyright © 2011-2018 Cloudera, Inc. All rights reserved.
Hadoop and the Hadoop elephant logo are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.

For Director 

Director > Help ? (icon) > About 

Copyright © 2014-2018 Cloudera, Inc. All rights reserved.