Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Yarn consumes all the CPU (Running /tmp/java -c /tmp/w.conf) Cloudera Version 5.14.x

Hi,

I am facing same issue in Cloudera 5.13.0 version. Its a 3 Nodes cluster and on all the Nodes the CPU is going to 100%. I also put the script in crontab as mentioned, It doent work and still the cpu is going high.

Any other indicators ?

Regards

Vivek

Cloudera Employee

Re: Yarn consumes all the CPU (Running /tmp/java -c /tmp/w.conf) Cloudera Version 5.14.x

New Contributor

@VivekM wrote:

Hi,

I am facing same issue in Cloudera 5.13.0 version. Its a 3 Nodes cluster and on all the Nodes the CPU is going to 100%. I also put the script in crontab as mentioned, It doent work and still the cpu is going high.

Any other indicators ?

Regards

Vivek

I also dind't found any accecpted solution yet. Mean time I'm using cron to kill the process. I have put below entry in the crontab and the CPU is fine due to that.

* * * * * sudo kill $(ps aux | grep 'java -c '| awk '{print $2}')

Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 13.41.33.png

Explorer

Hi Tatsuo,

Thanks for the Link.. Very Useful Article.. for the Companies/People who are working in Cloud...

Regards

Vivek

Explorer

Hi Surya,

This is workaround is useful...Thanks.

Regards

Vivek

New Contributor

Hi,

I solved a similar problem with these commands: 

sudo -u yarn crontab -r; sudo kill $(ps aux | grep 'java -c '| awk '{print $2}'); sudo rm -rf /tmp/java; sudo rm -rf /tmp/ppl3

Need to clear cron of yarn user, kill the "java" process and remove that file

Announcements