Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

cannot import table from external database throw hue to impala

Explorer

Hi, When trying to import table from oracle database to hive from hue qui i get the following error when i am trying to setup the jdbc connection:

Connection Failed: Error accessing the database: An error occurred while calling z:java.lang.Class.forName. : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:360) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:349) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:348) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:430) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:323) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:363) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:195) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) at py4j.reflection.MethodInvoker.invoke(MethodInvoker.java:231) at py4j.reflection.ReflectionEngine.invoke(ReflectionEngine.java:381) at py4j.Gateway.invoke(Gateway.java:259) at py4j.commands.AbstractCommand.invokeMethod(AbstractCommand.java:133) at py4j.commands.CallCommand.execute(CallCommand.java:79) at py4j.GatewayConnection.run(GatewayConnection.java:209) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

By the way sqoop from command line is working just fine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

Hi @andreas ,

The jira is internally to Cloudera so you can raise a question in community to ask for an update.

Thanks,

Li

Li Wang, Technical Solution Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Guru

Hi @andreas ,

What is your CM and CDH version? Unfortunately the "External DB Importer" wizard currently is not fully supported in CDH and we have an internal jira opened to track this: 

CDH-53731: Officially support connection to query regular DMBS databases

Please refer to above jira in the future to check the status.

Thanks,

Li

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Explorer
Hi my current CM is 6.2 with the latest cdh.i will have a look thanks.

Explorer

How can i access the jira requested?

Guru

Hi @andreas ,

The jira is internally to Cloudera so you can raise a question in community to ask for an update.

Thanks,

Li

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum