Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

couldn't find /usr/lib/hive/lib for mysql connector jar file

Contributor

Dear all,

I installed cloudera 5.11 using Path A installation with Hive and sparks, I am trying to set up external database by following the guide for metastore external database setup, however I couldn't find the path to store the mysql connector jar file, has anyone face the same issue before?

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-8-x/topics/cdh_ig_hive_metastore_configure.html

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

I think I found the folder in Ubuntu, it is under /usr/share/cmf/common_jars, the mysql-connector-java-5.1.15.jar is there already.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Champion

@yongie

The default path to store mysql connector is /usr/share/java/

Contributor

I have found the mysql connector jar file under /usr/share/java but /usr/lib/hive/lib doesn't seem to be in the system.

Champion

You can create a soft link for connector in the hive library directory 

ln -s /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar $HIVE_HOME/lib/mysql-connector-java.jar

or 

copy the connector jar to the Hive lib  folder 

Contributor

I think I found the folder in Ubuntu, it is under /usr/share/cmf/common_jars, the mysql-connector-java-5.1.15.jar is there already.

Champion

Yes it comes by default APT package   5.5 and 5.6 version 

I heard there are some issue with 5.5 OS comptability I might be wrong but upgrade to 5.6 if you want 

*** Removing the old 
sudo apt-get purge mysql-server-5.5 mysql-client-5.5

sudo apt-get autoremove

*** Installing the new 
 sudo apt-get install mysql-server-5.6 mysql-client-5.6

Contributor
Thanks for the information, will upgrade as soon as possible, at the mean time I am still exploring how to get external DB done on hive, oozie and those monitoring DB

Champion

"I am still exploring how to get external DB done on hive, oozie and those monitoring DB "

Can you please elborate more sorry , I can certainly give you more information.