New Contributor

email alerts for concerning state

[ Edited ]

Hey all.

I have been asked to change how email alerts are generated in CM. We want to be receiving alerts when any service or host reaches a concerning state. The default (which seems to be hard-coded) is for alerts to be sent when state = bad. Is there a way to change this globally without having to change thresholds for everything?

Topics: 51
Kudos: 88
Solutions: 49

Re: email alerts for concerning state

@mrzog I do believe it's possible to modify this behavior.  According to the documentation, you can follow these steps:

Modifying the Health Threshold

You can configure the threshold when a health alert is raised.

1. Click the Services tab.
  2. Select a Cloudera Management service instance.
  3. Select Configuration > View and Edit.
  4. Select Event Server.
  5. Click the Health Alert Threshold value, and choose Bad or Concerning radio button.
  6. Click Save Changes to commit the changes. You can add a note that will be included with the change in the Configuration History.

New Contributor

Perhaps I have an older (or newer) version of CM, but I don't see any "Health Alert Threshold" if I follow the path in the doc. It simply is not where that doc says it is.

Cloudera Employee

What version of CM are you running? This was added sometime in 4.7, and is not in 4.6.

New Contributor

I'm not sure where to get version info.

btw, I see this error message:

"There is only one instance of this role in this service. We recommend you make configuration changes on the service configuration page instead."

Button for Service Configuration is then presented.

New Contributor

Version: Cloudera Enterprise 4.6.3 (#192 built by jenkins on 20130812-1221 git: fa61cf8559fbefeb5af7f223fd02164d1a0adfdb)

Announcements