Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

hello everyone, I'm installing hadoop using cloudera manager (latest) on CentOS 6.4. I have followig

Explorer

hello everyone, I'm installing hadoop using cloudera manager (latest) on fresh CentOS 6.4 (minimum + desktop). I have followig questions:

1. What are the precise step by step procedures that I should follow before start of claudera installation?(for single mode cluster ).

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Feel free to use path A as well!   It is by far the simplest approach to setup and configuration so that you can get into using the platform quickly.

The path B approach lets you manage the installation manually using packages, and would be what you want to do for a production deployment that you intend to run long term. 

If you have previously attempted install, search for "uninstall" in the installation guide in the docs (top left of docs pages to search) and it will give you the cleanup steps to apply to your previous installation attempts. 

RHEL 6.4 is fine to use 6.5 is supported as well, the actual OS, database, and JDK requirements are listed in the sections around the link I gave for the single user mode discussion as well.

Keep us posted on your progress, feel free to start a new topic to address the specific issue you see. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Master Collaborator

It might also make sense to run through the rest of the requirements in the preceding and following sections to the discussion. 

Explorer
I have two users root and non-root user, while installing I was logged as
root (su - root). I saw the page you send to me but I could not find
/etc/defaults/cloudera-scm-agent
- this folder does not exists in my system.
Did you suggest to have only one - root user and restart installation???

Master Collaborator

As the section pointing to that path indicates, you would be doing those changes AFTER manually installing the agents and daemons package.

I would reccomend doing a root based install until you are familiar with the documented installation process.  You would follow the "Path B" installation discussion to do this (configure repo based on your linux distribution type, install agents and daemons packages).

what OS are you installing over?

Explorer
I'm using CentOS 6.4, and I tried installation path A because it was
recommended and it should be most simple way of installation, anyway I'll
try to install with Path B,

thank you very much!
Also which version of linux distribution do you suggest that Cloudera
Manager installation runs nicely?

Master Collaborator

Feel free to use path A as well!   It is by far the simplest approach to setup and configuration so that you can get into using the platform quickly.

The path B approach lets you manage the installation manually using packages, and would be what you want to do for a production deployment that you intend to run long term. 

If you have previously attempted install, search for "uninstall" in the installation guide in the docs (top left of docs pages to search) and it will give you the cleanup steps to apply to your previous installation attempts. 

RHEL 6.4 is fine to use 6.5 is supported as well, the actual OS, database, and JDK requirements are listed in the sections around the link I gave for the single user mode discussion as well.

Keep us posted on your progress, feel free to start a new topic to address the specific issue you see. 

Explorer
Hello Everybody, So I installed CDH with single - root user, but when
starting services it gives me error Failed to execute command Start on
service ZooKeeper,

Can somebody help?
Thank You