Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

impala error

Explorer

Hi all

plz help I cannot add impala service in my claster, there is some error:

This version of CM only supports Impala 1.2 or above

I just upgrade all packets with yum, Cloudera Standard 4.8.0

thnx

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Expert Contributor

Hi Ashot, are you using RPMs or parcels to manage your Cloudera installation? Could you provide the output from the following commands from all your hosts.

rpm -qa | grep cloudera

rpm -qa | grep impala

-roland

View solution in original post

Are your packages the same version on all hosts of your cluster? If you click on Hosts in Cloudera Manager, then run the Hosts inspector, what does it say your versions are?

Minor note: you should not install the following packages when using Cloudera Manager:

impala-catalog

impala-server

impala-state-store

All these do is add init scripts to automatically start these impala roles on your machine, which you do not want when using Cloudera Manager since processes started by init scripts are not known to CM and will conflict, most probably in a port conflict.

Thanks,

Darren

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Expert Contributor

Hi Ashot, CM 4.8 will only support Impala 1.2 and above so I would verify that you do not have any older versions of Impala (RPMs or parcels) on any of your hosts. We have seen customers update the Impala parcel but have an old RPM installation of Impala still installed. You will also need to add the Catalog Service Role as that is new in Impala 1.2 and you should also restart all of the CM agent services on all hosts in additional to verifying that all the CM agent RPMs were upgraded successully to 4.8 on all hosts.

-roland

Explorer
I have impala Version 1.2.3 on all nodes, after installing all updates I have rebooted all nodes, every service works fine only impala has this problem

Expert Contributor

Hi Ashot, are you using RPMs or parcels to manage your Cloudera installation? Could you provide the output from the following commands from all your hosts.

rpm -qa | grep cloudera

rpm -qa | grep impala

-roland

Explorer
hi rteague thank you for reply
yes I'm using RPMs(centos latest version yum) to manage my Cloudera installation.

# rpm -qa | grep cloudera
cloudera-manager-agent-4.8.0-1.cm480.p0.50.el6.x86_64
cloudera-manager-daemons-4.8.0-1.cm480.p0.50.el6.x86_64

rpm -qa | grep impala
impala-shell-1.2.3-1.p0.352.el6.x86_64
impala-catalog-1.2.3-1.p0.352.el6.x86_64
impala-1.2.3-1.p0.352.el6.x86_64
hue-impala-2.5.0+182-1.cdh4.5.0.p0.26.el6.x86_64
impala-server-1.2.3-1.p0.352.el6.x86_64
impala-state-store-1.2.3-1.p0.352.el6.x86_64

P.S. So far I have not had install impala-catalog, I just installed it. Perhaps for this reason is the error, I cant restart manager agents and daemons because there is important job running, I will restart the services after some hours and will post results
Thank you very much

Are your packages the same version on all hosts of your cluster? If you click on Hosts in Cloudera Manager, then run the Hosts inspector, what does it say your versions are?

Minor note: you should not install the following packages when using Cloudera Manager:

impala-catalog

impala-server

impala-state-store

All these do is add init scripts to automatically start these impala roles on your machine, which you do not want when using Cloudera Manager since processes started by init scripts are not known to CM and will conflict, most probably in a port conflict.

Thanks,

Darren

Explorer

............edited........

Hi all

Thank you for help problem solved

Problem was caused by one node which was in maintenance mode(and was turned off). after I deleted this node from cluster problem solved. I don't know why occurred this problem because I was not marking this maintenance node when was adding impala service