New Contributor

oozie jdbc jar

I've been trying to setup oozie with YARN on CDH5. I've done this on CDH4 without issues but I have some issue with the setup (through "Add service" for oozie). 

I've landed on the page to setup database connection (filled in required information) and when I "Test Connection", I get a "JDBC driver cannot be found. Unable to find the JDBC database jar on host" error. 

I'm using oracle DB. I have the jar in "/var/lib/oozie" (oozie user owns it with relaxed file permissions). I've also added the jar to "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.4.0-1.cdh5.4.0.p0.27/lib/oozie/lib/" but I can't get further. I could try looking through the script that runs for "Test Connection" if someone could point me to it. 

Only relevant log I found on CM server log is - "CommandPusher:com.cloudera.cmf.service.AbstractOneOffHostCommand Unsuccessful 'OozieTestDatabaseConnection'"

Could someone help me with this? Thank you

New Contributor

Re: oozie jdbc jar

I see that the JDBC jars path in the log does not include /var/lib/oozie.

I saw "+ JDBC_JARS=/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar:/usr/share/cmf/lib/postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar:/usr/share/java/oracle-connector-java.jar".

So, I've added the jar to "/usr/share/cmf/lib/" to get it to work. But this is different from the official documented way.

New Contributor

Re: oozie jdbc jar

It helped me. Thank you!