New Contributor

while setting database connection with mysql facing error

I am new to cloudera , earlier I was working on Hortonworks hadoop distribution . I am installing cloudera manager following its documentation page , but while setting database(MYSQL )  with cloudera manager I am facing below error : root@instance-1 etc]# /usr/share/cmf/schema/scm_prepare_database.sh postgresql scm scm scm JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_31 Verifying that we can write to /etc/cloudera-scm-server Creating SCM configuration file in /etc/cloudera-scm-server Executing: /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_31/bin/java -cp /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar:/usr/share/java/oracle-connector-java.jar:/usr/share/java/postgresql-connector-java.jar:/usr/share/cmf/schema/../lib/* com.cloudera.enterprise.dbutil.DbCommandExecutor /etc/cloudera-scm-server/db.properties com.cloudera.cmf.db. Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/postgresql/util/PSQLException : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615) at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141) at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283) at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247) Could not find the main class: com.cloudera.enterprise.dbutil.DbCommandExecutor. Program will exit. --> Error 1, giving up (use --force if you wish to ignore the error)

Kudos: 29
Solutions: 17

Re: while setting database connection with mysql facing error

Hi @warrior ,

Could you please paste the documentation link which you were following to install Cloudera Manager? Here is the latest doc for your information:

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/install_cm_cdh.html

Also, did you install the JDBC driver on the CM host and all the other hosts which requires database access like this doc mentions?

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_ig_mysql.html#cmig_topic_5_5_3

Thanks,

Li

Li Wang, Technical Resolution Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Announcements