Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Atomic update of Solr document via morphlineSolrSink possible ?

Guru

Hi,

is it possible to configure the morphline.conf, so that the loadSolr command can perform an atomic update of a field in the document ?

Why ?

I want to do something like:

- logfile analysis via flume using the morphlineSolrSink to store the output in a Solr doc

- apply some grok regex patterns in the morphline

- if match, then create a field with the fieldname consisting of user-id+request and the value should be the count of how often this user fired that request, thereby just increment this value on any matched morphline pipeline.

- afterwards the document is stored in Solr with the created field as unique identifier

I assume the loadSolr command implicitly calls an update on the solr server and since Solr support atomic update to e.g. increment a counter, it would be great to be able to use this feature inside a morphlineSolrSink.

any help appreciated....Gerd....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

The loadSolr command doesn't support atomic updates, but you could write a custom morphline command that implements something like this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

The loadSolr command doesn't support atomic updates, but you could write a custom morphline command that implements something like this.

Guru

ah, ok. Interesting topic, seems like I have to check this out.....

regards.....Gerd....