Code Repositories
Find and share code repositories
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.
Repo DescriptionRepo Info
Github Repo URL https://github.com/bbende/hdf-trucking-app/
Github account name bbende
Repo name hdf-trucking-app/
Comments
Expert Contributor

Hi @Bryan Bende. I am trying to install the hdf trucking app on virtualbox, but keep running into the error below. I have no real experience with vagrant and dont know how to overcome this issue. The host machine is Windows 10. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

: No such file or directoryts/setup_hdf_blueprint.sh: line 57: cd: ~
==> default: Initialized empty Git repository in /home/vagrant/ambari-bootstrap/.git/
/info/refst: error: Illegal characters found in URL while accessing https://github.com/seanorama/ambari-bootstrap.git
==> default:
==> default: fatal: HTTP request failed
: command not foundnt/scripts/setup_hdf_blueprint.sh: line 59:
==> default: Bootstrapping ambari-server...
==> default: chmod: cannot access `/root/ambari-bootstrap/ambari-bootstrap.sh\r': No such file or directory
: No such file or directoryts/setup_hdf_blueprint.sh: line 63: /root/ambari-bootstrap/ambari-bootstrap.sh
: command not foundnt/scripts/setup_hdf_blueprint.sh: line 64:
==> default: /vagrant/scripts/setup_hdf_blueprint.sh: line 65: ambari-server: command not found
: command not foundnt/scripts/setup_hdf_blueprint.sh: line 66:
==> default: Installing HDF mpack...
==> default: /vagrant/scripts/setup_hdf_blueprint.sh: line 68: ambari-server: command not found
: command not foundnt/scripts/setup_hdf_blueprint.sh: line 69:
==> default: /vagrant/scripts/setup_hdf_blueprint.sh: line 129: syntax error: unexpected end of file
The SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status. Vagrant
assumes that this means the command failed. The output for this command
should be in the log above. Please read the output to determine what
went wrong.

Hi @Roger Young , the Vagrant file specifies a provisioning script "scripts/setup.sh" which then calls "/vagrant/scripts/setup_hdf_blueprint.sh", both of these should be executing on the VM. For some reason the first line of your error message shows part of this second path, but not the whole thing "ts/setup_hdf_blueprint.sh".

Are you able to SSH to the VM after this happens (vagrant ssh)?

I'm curious if /vargrant/ has the scripts directory referenced above. I don't have access to a Windows machine to try this.

Expert Contributor

Hi, vagrant ssh gives me the following output

Enter passphrase for key 'C:/Users/r.young/hdf-trucking-app/.vagrant/machines/default/virtualbox/private_key':
Expert Contributor

Hi, yea the scripts directory is there with the three files in it

Contributor

Would it be possible to update for HDF 3.0? Thanks

Just pushed a commit that should update the project to HDF-3.0.0.

This example application could definitely be improved a lot now that HDF has the schema registry and SAM, but I'm not sure I'll have the time to take that on.

You may want to check-out the HDF sandbox and some of the tutorials that go with that, particularly this one:

https://hortonworks.com/tutorial/real-time-event-processing-in-nifi-sam-schema-registry-and-superset...

Contributor

Thanks. That is really helpful. I have set myself the task to duplicate your trucking app with the HDF 3.0 sandbox and SAM+Scheme registry. I see there are some videos which should help too.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎12-12-2016 09:39 PM
Updated by:

Contributors
Top Kudoed Authors