Created on 11-17-201612:45 AM - edited on 02-14-202009:02 AM by SumitraMenon
1. While performing HDP upgrade from 2.4.2 to 2.5.0 and which failed on last step Finalize upgrade saying few hosts are not able to upgrade to latest version.
2. Tried to revert the upgrade and proceeded with Downgrade option.
3. While Downgrade it prompt for Atlas and Kafka to be deleted from Cluster.
4. Deleted Atlas and Kafka from cluster.
5. Proceeding further the stopping of service failed on to stop KAFKA
6. The downgrade screen was paused and not it was showing in Ambari UI details tab that it "Failed to start KAFKA_BROKER"
Looks like there are two tasks stuck in the PENDING state from the downgrade
1. You need to check at what step the upgrade is stuck using below command -