This article explains how to run a hive query using a UDF jar in Hive View 2.0.
2. Navigate to Hive View 2.0 and go to UDF tabs. Click on New UDF Button to add the UDF jar.
3. Click on File Resources to add new UDF. Enter the UDF path and resource name
4. Enter Resource Name and Resource Path. Resource Path is the path to HDFS folder where the jar has been uploaded.
Path takes the format hdfs://<namenode_host>/<hdfs_path_to_jar>
5. Once the UDF is added, It shows up as follows in the list of UDFs created. UDFs can also be edited or removed
6. To write a hive query using the udf, go to Query Tab on Hive view. Select a worksheet and click on ‘Insert UDF’ button.
7. The UDF details are added to the worksheet on selecting the udf. You can go ahead and write your query using the UDF function.