Community Tips

Read our tips and tricks on how to use the community
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Navigating the Redesigned Community

Community Manager

As part of the community redesign, we also updated how members will post and navigate on the community. Our previous design had over 20 different forum boards which could be confusing when a single question could apply to several of them. To simplify things we placed all the support types questions into a single board and use the labeling system to filter the posts. Let’s look at the different navigation methods available. 

Using the Header

If you want to navigate quickly to the questions you can use the header navigation to browse all questions. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 1.36.25 PM.png

From the header you can also navigate to the “All Labels” page. This page will list all the labels used on the community, clicking on a label will take you to a search page showing all the content that the label assigned. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 3.00.54 PM.png

Using "Explore the Community"

Alternatively, you can also use the "Explore the Community" navigation and go to support questions.

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 1.39.58 PM.png

On the support questions board you will also see  labels listed on the lower right of the page. Clicking on any label will filter the content feed to show only questions that have the label selected. From the label page you can also subscribe to the label to be informed when new questions are submitted with that label. 

Topics view.png

Asking a Question

As for creating a new question, this has become much easier. We have added a button (in blue) in the header across the community to "ask a question".

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 1.53.08 PM.png

The button links you directly to a new post page where you can submit your question. We simply ask that you apply all the appropriate labels so those who have subscribed to them will be notified. 

You can also use the Contribute option in the header for links to Ask a Question, Create a Community Article or Create a Repo. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 3.18.44 PM.png

Navigating your posts

Like with the old design, members can navigate to their profile page to find their posts. To do so look for your notifications window and click on your profile image. This will open a pull down menu to access your profile, settings and other items. 

profile non admin.png

Clicking on "My profile" will bring you to your profile page where you can see your activity. In the main column you will find your accepted solutions that provides links to all the solutions you authored. This will come in handy if you see a similar issue and want to find a link to where you answered the question previously.

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.01.31 AM.png

Below that is your latest contributions which shows all of your community posts from newest to oldest. This section also has a pull down selector to see the topics you have participated in which shows the latest activity from yourself and others in posts you have participated in. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 8.57.17 AM.png

We hope you enjoy the new design.

8/14/2019 Edited to add section on navigating your posts on the community.
3 Comments
Rising Star

How do I navigate to all my posts in the new layout?

Community Manager

Good call out David. Like with the old design, you can navigate to your profile page to find your posts. To do so look for your notifications window and click on your profile image. This will open a pull down menu to access your profile, settings and such. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 8.44.47 AM.png

Clicking on "My profile" will bring you to your profile page where you can see your activity. In the main column you will find your accepted solutions that provides links to all the solutions you authored. This will come in handy if you see a similar issue and want to find a link to where you answered the question previously.

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.01.31 AM.png

Below that is your latest contributions which shows all of your community posts from newest to oldest. This section also has a pull down selector to see the topics you have participated in which shows the latest activity from yourself and others in posts you have participated in. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 8.57.17 AM.png

Let me know if this helps. 

Rising Star
Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for.