Community Tips

Read our tips and tricks on how to use the community
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Welcome to the Redesigned Cloudera Community!

Community Manager

This community now features a modern look and a simplified experience that makes it easier to find what you need, when you need it. Below is all the information you need to know to get started and get engaged.

Navigating the Updated Cloudera Community 

Our new Cloudera Community is easier to navigate with its updated interface and a singular content feed that contains all the information you need right on the homepage. You can quickly view open questions or solutions by clicking the tabs or by using the search function to find specific content. And you can easily navigate to areas of the community by using the “Browse” and “Contribute” menus. Want to quickly get to our blog and other areas? Simply click the new “Explore the Community” drop-down menu on the right-hand side of most pages.

Get Involved

First, see what’s changed for you. Then, get started with these steps:

• Update Your Notification Preferences - Take a minute to reset your preferences. Click your avatar to get to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications. You’ll receive an immediate email notification for your content subscriptions by default. You can change the frequency to: never, daily, or weekly. For more, see our Profile Tips.
  • Upload an Avatar - Click your avatar, choose “My Profile,” and you can view your information. While there, you can upload a new avatar to replace the community default image.
  • Update Your Bookmarks & Subscriptions - Previous board bookmarks or board subscriptions no longer work, but you can subscribe to labels and continue to get notified of new content in your area of expertise.
  • Introduce Yourself - If you haven’t yet, let us know a little bit about yourself: background, current role, Hadoop use case, favorite hobbies, etc.
  • Ask Questions - Click “Ask a Question” in the main top navigation menu to start a new question from any community page.
  • Search or Browse - “Browse” all questions, technical articles, or repos, or initiate a new search anywhere in the community, or filter community content by labels, date, author, metadata, post type, and contains (text) using our Advanced Search.
  • Share Your Expertise - Share your knowledge or troubleshooting tips with members using Community Articles and Repos. These are new types of content for the Cloudera Community, and there will be many more once we move all of the Hortonworks Community Connection content over in August.

Additional Resources

We know you’re going to have questions about this change, so please check out these resources to learn more about the new community and maximize your community participation:

Share Your Feedback

We truly value your feedback! Please reply to this blog post with any comments or questions, or reach out to our Community Team.

- The HCC and Cloudera Community Team

Community Upgrade & Migration Related Announcement Links: 

1. Our community is getting a little larger. And a lot better. (6/25/19) 
  2. What's Changing for the Cloudera Community  (7/11/19) 
  3. Community Changes and Feature Definitions Details (7/11/19)
  4. Important Changes Coming to Cloudera’s Community Reputation: What You Need to Know(7/24/19) 

2 Comments
Contributor

Having a little difficulty finding this forum's navigation panel - was it removed?

Example scenario when arriving on Cloudera's user forum:

With previous forum web-UI, I was able to quickly scroll to Altus section and begin reading.
The new web-UI doesn't seem to provide quick nav' features. 

What am I missing? 
It looks like I need to first create a new "Altus" topic. Then, post into the new "Altus" subject. 

Community Manager

Thanks for the question @GaryS . We just published a new blog article on navigating the redesigned community. I hope it answers your questions.