Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HS2 may be unavailable, check server status

Getting following error when hive batch sql is triggered via oozie. Works fine when run from edge nod.

Error: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe (state=08S01,code=0)
Closing: 0: jdbc:hive2://node:10000/hive_instance
Error: Error while cleaning up the server resources (state=,code=0)
Intercepting System.exit(2)
Failing Oozie Launcher, Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.Hive2Main], exit code [2]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Issue ssems to be resolved, once our admin found out the reason of hiveserver2 restarting frequently.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Recently our cloudera was upgraded from CDH 5.7.1 to CDH 5.9.1. Prior to the migration it was working flawless.

Champion
Is this the name of your HS2 node, node:10000?

You probably need to provide the hive-site.xml to the Oozie job. I don't know why it would've worked before but not now though.

I know the Hive script action in Oozie provide a field for the XML file. What type of action are you using?

Actually it is different,in order to mask details i have pasted it as jdbc:hive2://node:10000/hive_instance.

hive-site.xml was added at <job-xml> hive2 action as well in the <file>. Batch sql fails after some of the queries in it being executed succesfully.

I am using hive2 as action.

Champion
Helps to pay attention to the error. The connection was interrupted. Check the HS2 logs to try to get more info? Anything in the job logs since either ran some queries?

Issue ssems to be resolved, once our admin found out the reason of hiveserver2 restarting frequently.