Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Kafka schema registry service in CDH 5.7 / 5.8

Expert Contributor

I am trying to do data ingestion btw HDFS and Kafka. There are a few options: Conflunent Connect and Linkedin Gobblin. However, both requires Kafka schema registry. I can't find it in CDH distro. Could someone shed some light on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer
We currently use the Confluent Schema Registry. It doesn't come as part of CDH, but as it is open source, we simply install it on our Cloudera Kafka nodes and it works just fine.

StreamSets also works well with the schema registry now that the latest version (2.1) supports it when working with Avro.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Explorer
We currently use the Confluent Schema Registry. It doesn't come as part of CDH, but as it is open source, we simply install it on our Cloudera Kafka nodes and it works just fine.

StreamSets also works well with the schema registry now that the latest version (2.1) supports it when working with Avro.

Expert Contributor

That is exactly I put in a hybrid solution. Just need to match CDH Kafka version with Confluence version.

New Contributor

Hi,

What about version of Schema Registry? Which version should be used with CDH 5.8?

Thanks in advance..