Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

PackeLoop/PacketPig::Failed to read data from file:///

New Contributor

The packetpig examples from packetloop use pigrun.py and binning.pig to parse a web.pcap file and make output. The job is submittted and runs about 20 secs. Then the std output display reads..

Failed!

Failed Jobs:

Input(s)

Failed to read data from "file:////home/cloudera/web.pcap. { a sample packet capture file)

Thanks

RiverCity

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

We do not supply a quickstart VM anymore with CDH3 on it as that version is EOM.  Also, I am not sure what results you might get trying to run that version of pig with CDH 4.3 as this combination has never been tested.  There will be potential for incompatibilities there for sure.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Guru

RiverCity,

I moved this into the Pig board to see if maybe some of our pig experts might be able to answer your question.

Regards,

Clint

New Contributor

Clint

Thanks for following. I made progress from support at GitHub/packetpig. This VM uses cdh 4.3 and pig0.11. They reported that the posted packetpig lib is based on cdh 3.4 (pig 0.8) . I searched this site for earlier chd components and used that pig with more success. Now my question is

1) given I use  pig 0.8 in this vm, can I still use this with hdfs and map reduce in this vm. I set the pig.jar soft link to the new pig-0.8.xxx.jar but the shell cripts that set the CLASSPATH and PATH are complex and need some examples to test . I can run the examples if I use the %java -jar pig.jar .......but want to try hdfs using this vm (cdh 4.3)

2) do you have a vm from the earliar build?

Guru

We do not supply a quickstart VM anymore with CDH3 on it as that version is EOM.  Also, I am not sure what results you might get trying to run that version of pig with CDH 4.3 as this combination has never been tested.  There will be potential for incompatibilities there for sure.