Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Sqoop export to oracle 11g timeout

New Contributor

Hi Guys,

I am trying to export a tab seperated text file I created using pig from hdfs to a table in oracle 11g using sqoop. When I submit the sqoop job, the map job progresses from 0% to 100%, but it happens relatevely slowly (the text file consists of 9 rows and 12 columns). The job then gets stuck at 100% untill the I get a timeout error, and then gets resubmitted again.

Here is the sqoop command I used:

sqoop export --connect "jdbc:oracle:thin:@ipaddress:port:db" --username 'username' --password 'password' --table "tablename" --export-dir /user/project/subdirectory/filename --fields-terminated-by "\t" --verbose

I have tried running the same sqoop job multiple times and occasionally I get the following SQLRecoverableException.

Error: java.io.IOException: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: No more data to read from socket
        at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.ExportBatchOutputFormat.getRecordWriter(ExportBatchOutputFormat.java:50)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewDirectOutputCollector.<init>(MapTask.java:644)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:764)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:341)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:168)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)
        at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1642)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:163)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: No more data to read from socket
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CMAREngineStream.unmarshalUB1(T4CMAREngineStream.java:456)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:397)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:257)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoauthenticate.doOAUTH(T4CTTIoauthenticate.java:437)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoauthenticate.doOAUTH(T4CTTIoauthenticate.java:954)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:639)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.connect(PhysicalConnection.java:666)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:32)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:566)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:571)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:215)
        at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.db.DBConfiguration.getConnection(DBConfiguration.java:302)
        at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.AsyncSqlRecordWriter.<init>(AsyncSqlRecordWriter.java:76)
        at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.ExportOutputFormat$ExportRecordWriter.<init>(ExportOutputFormat.java:95)
        at com.cloudera.sqoop.mapreduce.ExportOutputFormat$ExportRecordWriter.<init>(ExportOutputFormat.java:38)
        at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.ExportBatchOutputFormat$ExportBatchRecordWriter.<init>(ExportBatchOutputFormat.java:63)
        at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.ExportBatchOutputFormat.getRecordWriter(ExportBatchOutputFormat.java:48)
        ... 8 more

I have tried importing data into hdfs from the same table using sqoop and i have been able to do that successfully. Please let me know your thoughts on it.

Here is some additional information

Hadoop distribution: CDH-5.3.1-1

Sqoop version - 1.4.5-cdh5.3.1

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

I was able to solve my issue. Apparently, the problem was that I was trying to insert data which was violating integrity constraints of the database. I found that by going through the syslogs for the Map job Sqoop created.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

New Contributor

I was able to solve my issue. Apparently, the problem was that I was trying to insert data which was violating integrity constraints of the database. I found that by going through the syslogs for the Map job Sqoop created.

Guru

Thank you for closing the loop with us.