Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

how to export file which field delimited by "^A "

Hi There,

my file is "^A " delimted which i want to export using sqoop . do you know how can we handle such special charater .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mentor

The "^A" is a visual shell representation of the ASCII hexadecimal byte "01".

You can run your command as so, making use of the actual byte representation than a visual helper:

sqoop export --connect jdbc:oracle:thin:olap7964/olap7964@192.168.2.135:1521:ORCLOBIA11G --username XXXXXXX --password XXXXXXX --export-dir /user/hive/warehouse/abc.db/sach_sport --table SACH_SPORT --fields-terminated-by $'\x01' -m 1

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Contributor

Can you try using '\' as '\^A'

It is not working.. pfb log for your refernece . 

hduser@jgusbihdpmaster:/tmp$ sqoop export --connect jdbc:oracle:thin:olap7964/olap7964@192.168.2.135:1521:ORCLOBIA11G --username XXXXXXX --password XXXXXXX --export-dir /user/hive/warehouse/abc.db/sach_sport --table SACH_SPORT --fields-terminated-by '\^A' -m 1 Warning: /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.5.1-1.cdh5.5.1.p0.11/bin/../lib/sqoop/../accumulo does not exist! Accumulo imports will fail. Please set $ACCUMULO_HOME to the root of your Accumulo installation. 16/06/20 03:37:39 INFO sqoop.Sqoop: Running Sqoop version: 1.4.6-cdh5.5.1 16/06/20 03:37:39 WARN tool.BaseSqoopTool: Setting your password on the command-line is insecure. Consider using -P instead. Cannot understand character argument: \^A

Contributor

Can you try:

TERMINATED BY '\136'

Nope.. Same error.. 

Mentor

The "^A" is a visual shell representation of the ASCII hexadecimal byte "01".

You can run your command as so, making use of the actual byte representation than a visual helper:

sqoop export --connect jdbc:oracle:thin:olap7964/olap7964@192.168.2.135:1521:ORCLOBIA11G --username XXXXXXX --password XXXXXXX --export-dir /user/hive/warehouse/abc.db/sach_sport --table SACH_SPORT --fields-terminated-by $'\x01' -m 1

yeah... its working..

i  was able to find out its hex value (its control-v + control-a) character but was not applying '$' symbol.

Thank you so much .. 🙂 

really appreciated..