Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

how to schedule sqoop import on daily bases

Explorer

hi,

wanted to move rdbms data into hdfs on daily bases using sqoop import.

is there any job shedular avaible in hadoop system which will run sqoop import command on daily bases ?

if  yes then please provide details such as how to set job sheduleing frequency and how to check log if job fails ?

regards

vivek

15 REPLIES 15

Explorer

i am using hive now

in sql we have sysdate function and we can play with it like sysdat-1. sysdate-2

in hive

current_date is there, is there way we can write like current_date-1

while using current_date -1 . it shows error 

FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10014]: Line 1:7 Wrong arguments '1': No matching method for class org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.udf.generic.GenericUDFOPDTIMinus with (date, int)

regards

vivek

Expert Contributor

Hi,

As this is a different issue, I would request to open a new thread because there are multiple issues that has been discussed over here which is making this thread more complicating.

I would request to open a new thread and kindly share the link so we can work on it.

Regards

Nitish

Explorer

you are right.

Explorer

will you please guide me how to create new post since i am new to community

Community Manager

Hi @vivek_rol,

To create a new post on the community you would first go to the appropriate board, such as Data Ingest which is where this thread is. Then at the top left of the board you will see a button named "New Message".

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 8.52.52 AM.png

Click the button, fill out the fields and hit the post button to start a new thread. 

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 8.54.57 AM.png

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

Thanls lot