Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hi ,Is it possible to run mahout algorithms and launch jobs in hadoop directly from eclipse??

Explorer

Hi ,

I am trying to run mahout algorithms from eclipse into hadoop. Is it possible to do that. Is it possible to run map/reduce jobs into hadoop from eclipse. Any plygibn available or can it be achieved through anyother means? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Deva

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Yes you should be able to run the "Driver" classes like any other program, from within Eclipse. You can specify command line arguments and so on in the usual way. I think you will need to make sure that the env variable HADOOP_HOME is set in order for the program to find your Hadoop config though. Really it is no different on CDH than anywhere else, so any resource you find on the internet to these effects will be valid.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Collaborator

Yes you should be able to run the "Driver" classes like any other program, from within Eclipse. You can specify command line arguments and so on in the usual way. I think you will need to make sure that the env variable HADOOP_HOME is set in order for the program to find your Hadoop config though. Really it is no different on CDH than anywhere else, so any resource you find on the internet to these effects will be valid.

Explorer

Hi Sowen,

I tried and it is working. Thank you.