Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

how to running my mahout application in cdh4

Explorer

I have write a mahout application for recommendation using mongodb, but I don't know how to running the mahout app in cdh4 hadoop cluster.

Please help me.

Xuesong
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator
Yes, that's the same me. Please have a look at the project page for some simple examples to get started: https://github.com/cloudera/oryx There is no Mongo integration per se, but you could always hack on it.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Master Collaborator

I think you would have to provide more information. What application? what version of CDH4? What error do you get? What have you tried to resolve it?

Explorer

My jar for recommendation using mongodb and mahout.cf.taste. The jar running in Linux is OK. Now I want to running the jar in cdh4 hadoop cluster. But I don't know how to do it.

Cloudera version: CDH4.6 Standard

Xuesong

Master Collaborator

I think this is still far too little information to provide help. You should supply basic information like:

• What is this application? is it a standalone jar or run with hadoop jar?
  • What have you tried?
  • What did you do when it worked?
  • If you get an error, what is the error?
  • What version of software, etc?

Explorer

1. The application is a standalone jar.

2. I want to running the app in cdh4.

3. I know how to running the app in single linux. But I don't know how to running on cloudera cdh4 hadoop cluster.

Xuesong

Master Collaborator

It is not any different than running your application against any other Hadoop cluster, or should not be.

What happens if you run your jar on a Linux machine that can see the Hadoop cluster, and see the configuration for your hadoop cluster? what doesn't work?

Explorer

I don't know how to run. Please give me a smaple or document.

Xuesong

Explorer

Would you give me a sample or document?

Xuesong

Explorer

In the hadoop clulster the jar runs with the hadoop command "/usr/bin/hadoop jar /root/mahout/himahout.jar".

Only one host computed the jar.

Xuesong

Master Collaborator

Sorry, your question is not clear at all and I can't help. As I've said, it is not different with CDH. You have not said what your error is when you run the very command you cited.