Explorer

problem with clusterdump -mahout

Hi,

i'm newbie at both Mahout and Hadoop environmenet, i started to ran a simple example with kmeans.

Everything turned well until i tried to visualize the results with clusterdump command.

I've tried this :

mahout clusterdum -i /user/hdfs/outputkmeans/clusters-*-final -o /user/hdfs/outputkmeans/clusterresults.txt

i get this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Unable to create parent directory of /user/hdfs/outputkmeans/clusterresults.txt

and even if i change the directory still get the same error

I would appreciate any help or tip.

thanks

Explorer

Re: problem with clusterdump -mahout

Can you tell me which versions of Hadoop and Mahout did you use because i'm getting errors when i try the kmeans command?
New Contributor

Hi,

I am getting the same error as you are getting. I am also implementing kmeans algorithm. Were you able to resolve this issue. if so, can you please tell me how you resolved this issue?
Explorer

Dig you get errors when you run kmeans? Or only with clusterdump? If you want tell me the commands that you run when did you get error and the version of mahout-hadoop that you use.
New Contributor

I ran the seqdirectory, seq2sparse and means commands, all of them ran successfully. only mahout clusterdump is giving “Unable to create parent directories" error.

My hadoop version is 2.7.1
My Mahout version is 0.10.0

Regards
Dhivya
Explorer

ok then and how does your clusterdump command look like? It should be something like that: 

bin/mahout clusterdump -s /.../clusters-*-final -d /.../directory.file-0 -dt sequencefile -b 100 -n 20

--evaluate -dm or.apache.mahout.common.distance.CosineDistanceMeasure --pointsDir /.../clusteredPoints -o /no Hdfs/

The output path should be in your local file sytem. Try it!

Explorer

I'd like also to mention that I'm using Hadoop 1.2.1 and Mahout 0.6.
Highlighted
Explorer

i face the same problem as you.. have you solve it ? maybe you can tell me how can you solve it ?

Announcements