Highlighted
Expert Contributor

All HDFS directories auto deleted except HUE creating wierd directory named "/NODATA4U_SECUREYOURSH"

Hi All,

I have 3 node cluster using CDH 5.9 running on CentOS6.7. 

I am trying to get RSS feed of a news website to HDFS. for this I had a java code to read RSS feed and used Flume Exec source and avro sink on one node and on another Avro source and hdfs sink. Every thing was running fine on Friday evening. Streaming was happening.

Also, I installed R package from EPEL repo and installed Sparklyr libraries. My cluster is non-kerberized 

But when I came on Monday, I saw all HDFS directory is deleted and I have a wierd directory name /NODATA4U_SECUREYOUR**bleep**

-bash-4.1$ hadoop fs -ls /
Found 3 items
drwxr-xr-x - hdfs supergroup 0 2017-01-06 22:04 /NODATA4U_SECUREYOUR**bleep**
drwxrwxrwx - hdfs supergroup 0 2017-01-06 22:05 /tmp
drwxrwxr-x - hdfs supergroup 0 2017-01-06 22:08 /user
-bash-4.1$

I am not sure what to do. Even if I manage to revert to my original state how do I prevent it in future.

I have no clue please help.

Thanks,

Shilpa

Kudos: 112
Solutions: 60

Re: All HDFS directories auto deleted except HUE creating wierd directory named "/NODATA4U_SECU

Thank you for reporting this situation. We take these issues seriously and are looking into it. We will report back when we have more information.

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Re: All HDFS directories auto deleted except HUE creating wierd directory named "/NODATA4U_SECU

Please see the latest Cloudera advisory on the topic for more details on the issue.

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

We have just published a new Engineering blog post How to secure ‘Internet exposed’ Apache Hadoop that may be of interest.

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Announcements