01-19-2016 11:53 AM
I gave the test on 1/10 and though I got the score card by EOD, I am yet to get the review/certification.
There was no response both via mail and call to get more information on timelines.
So what is the average time taken for review of CCA 175 tests?
01-23-2016 04:50 PM
This is kalyan, i cleared the cca 175 certification with score 9/10.
I got the score with in 2 days.
Certification review is taken almost 15days for me.
I have written this exam on 2nd Jan 2016, i got this certification issued from cloudera on 20th Jan 2016.
02-04-2016 04:13 PM - edited 02-04-2016 07:12 PM
I am quite new to Hadoop world and looking some guideline related to preparation path ( link,sample test papers,book etc) which might be helpful?
02-04-2016 04:19 PM
The details about the exam are on Cloudera's website: http://www.cloudera.com/training/certification/cca-spark.html
Cloudera offers a course that covers these topics and give you hands-on exercises to practice these skills: http://www.cloudera.com/training/courses/developer-training-for-spark-and-hadoop.html?course=develop...
There are multiple books covering the basics of Hadoop, including Hadoop: The Definitive Guide
The website also shows you all of the skills that will be tested, so you could use that as a basis for your own self study.
02-05-2016 07:56 AM
Thanks for providing details related to training for certification
Training is meant for Developers,Administrators and Data Analysyts
So, question is:
1. What is the equvalent of CCA175 ( Developers) for Data analysts? it seems CCP(DE575) is the only
certification track for data analysts
2. I am more interested in CCA175 certification, do I need to brush-up/learn python before i take training or
appear for certification? it seems working knowledge of python is neccessary to qualify CCA175?
3. Is cloudera training neccessary or advisable if someone is new to Hadoop before appearing for ceritification
Just to give my back ground , I am in Database enginering,data modeling,data architecture for the last more than 15 years and mainly in Unix/linux/AIX environment. No JAVA experience.
02-05-2016 08:09 AM
1) The Developer course maps the the CCA175. The CCP DE575 is a difficult exam meant to test development mastery. A data analyst taking this exam would be very unhappy. DE575 most closely maps to our Big Data Applications course (plus some years of experience).
We currently do not have a certification path that maps to our Data Analyst course, but you should continue to watch the website for announcements. http://www.cloudera.com/training/certification.html
2) Look on the community site for the subject below this one labelled "Spark Scala AND Python"
3) The testing objectives for our certifications are close to the learning objectives for the courses, and the courses have exercises that will help you practice for the practical nature of the exam. The training is not required, however.
4) There is no Java on the exam, but there is development work that needs to be done. See question 2.
You can also see all of the skills required at: http://www.cloudera.com/training/certification/cca-spark.html